Special Education Teacher
- Conduct Early Intervention Program (EIP) in a small group setting.
- Assess, evaluate, teach and manage children with difficulties in learning.
- Ability to assess the developmental levels and behaviour of a child using appropriate techniques
- Display knowledge and skills to record observations and assessment results of a student.
- Design Lesson plans and track progress.
- Developing Individualized Education Plan (IEP) for students and writing progress reports.
- Conducting Parent-Teacher Conference.
- Exhibit knowledge & skills to manage behaviour through appropriate behaviour intervention strategies.
- Ability to work collaboratively in teams in objectivity and fairness to achieve optimal outcomes for the children (manage workplace relationships effectively, liaison with other services, comply to legal/ ethical/ organisational framework)
- Possess a Diploma / Advanced Diploma / Degree in Special Education (SPED) or Early Childhood (Special Needs) or Education (Special Education)
- Working experience with young children with learning difficulties.
- Working experience in an early intervention setting.
- Other relevant certification by professional bodies relating to special education or early intervention may be considered.
- Bubbly personality.
- Passionate in working with children of all ages.
- Dedicated & passionate for teaching with a view to enhance and motivate their interest to learn.
- Strong verbal & written communication skills in English.
- An organized and systematic person.
- Ability to work independently and well in a team.